Incredible benefits of green leafy vegetables
incredible benefits of green leafy vegetables.
What Are Green Vegetables?
Green vegetables are exactly as they sound like they are. They are vegetables (edible plants) that are green in color. The health benefits that such vegetables provide are second to none! You’ve got to be including these in your diet if you want to get a healthy balance with the micronutrients you can get from them!
Kale is easily one of the most nutritious green vegetables you can get affordably at your local market. They are filled to the brim with so many useful and healthy nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The most important antioxidants to mention in kale are known as lutein and beta-carotene, which are used by the body to help reduce the risk of certain oxidation-related diseases.
you can also make different style cabbage rolls.
Another green vegetable, not too dissimilar in taste to kale. Its easy enough to bring into all kinds of dishes you make in the kitchen and is host to all kinds of fantastic nutrients when consumed. Spinach is most well-known for its folate contents. Folate is used by the body to promote red blood cell production and has various pregnancy-based benefits too.
One of the most common sources of green vegetables in the market, the cabbage also comes with a wide variety of health benefits to consider when you eat it! It belongs to the same family as kale and provides similar nutrient-dense benefits too. Most specifically, cabbage is packed full of something called glucosinolates, which are in short a cancer-protective compound found in plants.
There are plenty of benefits involved with broccoli, which also happens to be one of the most commonly consumed green vegetables out there. Broccoli is packed with folate and fiber, which helps reduce the risk of countless diseases. Most notably, broccoli has been shown to help prevent obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
it can stimulate appetite and remove toxins from your body. Lettuce is rich in vitamin A , a vitamin that, among other benefits, can revitalize your skin. It contains iron, which is important for the blood hemoglobin amount and has many other heart-related benefits. It has a lot of nutrients, but it is low in calories and fat, making it an ideal food for those looking to lose weight.
7 proven health benefits of lettuce:
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Aids in weight loos
- Protests neurons/nerve cells
- Lower cholesterol level
- Suitable for the heart and blood vessels
- Induce sleep
- Reduce the risk of diabetes
Nutritional Content of Green Leafy Veggies
- Packed with Vitamins– All leafy greens have an abundant store of nature’s vitamins. However, kale, spinach, moringa, and cabbage are known for their superior vitamin content. You get a good amount of vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin C, beta-carotene, folate, vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5 and, B6 from these vegetables.
- High mineral content– Minerals like iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, calcium, phosphorus, and sodium can be added naturally to your diet by eating green leafy veggies. They help to maintain the daily requirement and overcome the deficiency of dietary minerals by providing an adequate amount of minerals in every bite.
- Rich in dietary fibers– Green leaves have good fiber content which makes you feel satisfied after you consume them. Fiber also provides various other health benefits.
Recommended intake of Green Leafy Vegetables